Structure of the Liquid;
Wet parts of the flowmeter (those parts in contact with the liquid) should completely comply with the liquid for which it will be used.
This is possible only either by experience and knowledge of the fact that it has been used for the same liquid previously or confirmation of the suitability of the flowmeter from the chemical compatibility schedules or confirmation by the manufacturing firm or approval by the customer.
Viscosity/Fluidity of the Liquid:
Viscosity limits of the flowmeters vary depending on the operating systems and their sizes, raw materials and trademarks. Temperature and viscosity are inversely proportional. For this reason, care should be shown when selecting flowmeter for high viscosity liquids. For example, when a viscous liquid brought into the silo outdoor in the summer temperature passes through the flowmeter, same liquid may not pass through the flowmeter when the air gets cooler.
Turbine type flowmeters may be used for the low viscosity liquids. Disc type flowmeters may be used for low and medium viscosity liquids. Oval-gear, track, ring, piston and helix rotor types of flowmeters may be used for low, medium and high viscosity liquids.
Operating Pressure; Minimum Pressure: A minimum pressure is required for each flowmeter to operate. This quantity may be above the value of pressure loss. It is especially important on the lines where when the flowmeters operate by the liquid’s own flow
Maximum Pressure: This is an upper limit specified according to the design of the flowmeter. Excess of this limit gives damages to the flowmeter. This value varies depending on the operating principle, materials used and intended production purpose.
Operating and Ambient Temperature:
Ambient temperature: It means ambient temperature of the environment where the flowmeter operates. It is a value that should be paid attention especially in the hot environments such as boiler rooms and in the very hot climates.
Operating Temperature: It is temperature of the liquid to pass through the flowmeter. It varies depending on the materials and types of indicators used on the flowmeter. Maximum and minimum limits should be known.
Output Range (minimum and maximum flow rate):
Each flowmeter has a range of measuring. This value varies depending on the operating system and indicator type of the meter. The rate between the lower and upper limits is 1:10 or 1:20 in case of turbine type flowmeters. It may be 1:100 in case of oval geared type flowmeters. However, this rate is not related with the measuring system completely. Type of indicator may also be determinant in this respect.
LIQUID PROCESSES & Dosage
It is the easiest way to correctly and quickly weigh the constituent raw materials of your mixtures. Stability of the mixture rates constituting your products is directly proportional to the quality of the work you perform.
You may think at first that raw material more than the required one improves product quality. Or tolerance of the work you perform may compensate such errors. In order to achieve this target and avoid of any faulty mixture rate, small or high, you should use correct methods and tools.
A smart device … Mini Dosing Panel
PLC, Touch Screen and durable membrane switch screen as the advanced technology of our times.
Panel Sizes (w400 x d100 x h280mm).
* User-friendly calibration related to all liquids, whatever be their viscosity. QuickCab.
* Compliance with the ever-changing flow rates thanks to the volumetric measuring technique.
*Automatic line cut-off if automatic warning program is desired against flowmeter faults at fixed flow rate.
* Compatibility with the pulse flowmeters, particularly, turbine type and positive displacement flowmeters.
*Sensitive measuring by quick meter input for the high pulse flowmeters (accuracy of 1000 pulse / 2 ml per liter by means of ½”)
*Dosing related to time function as the liquid passing in unit time is fixed on the fixed flowrate lines without flowmeters.
* 4 relay outputs on the single- and double-action valves.
* Heating and cooling relay outputs designed to maintain fixed temperature in the storage tank.
* Accuracy 0.5% - 1% depending on the selected type of flowmeter
* Service as counter on all kinds of inductive and capacitive sensor
* Password-protected parameter entry against faulty dosing and admin console for setting minimum and maximum values
* Daily, Monthly and Yearly totals and reporting screen displaying the latest 15 dosing operations.
* Configuration ready for all MODBUS applications thanks to RS475
* Periodical dosing feature by means of automatic program (by minute, hour, day, month, year). “BATCH DOSAGE”
* Control unit, flowmeter and valve independent of each other.
* AISI 304 stainless steel, anticorrosive control unit
* Software suitable for all industrial sectors
* Selectable dosing range of 0-9l, 0-99l, 0-999l, 0-9999l.